Monday 9 August 2010

A slow start

Hiya strangers
How are we all enjoying our summer holidays so far?

We'll things have been kinda up and down here with a mix of really exciting new's and rather bad news. That coupled with the fact that my little man has been away for the first two weeks of the holidays has left me feeling rather .......... well ......... Lost to be quite honest. But hey that's not what you want to hear about is it lol.

So let's take a look at the positive side of things.
  1. River being away has meant that I've finally had time to finish this....


Hexagon Patch work, Baby quilt. All finished and waiting to be washed :)

2. My little boy is on his flight home as we speak :)



And will soon be driving me mad as usual lol

3. In just under one week, this little cutie.....


Will be Joining us for a week to do a spot of camping and to visit a few of these places........,.

Plus what ever else we can squeeze in lol.

So here's me looking to the future :)

6 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

Hi hunni, hope all is well, thinking of you. Not long now till you are in the arms of your baby boy :0)

Enjoy the summer

Love

XX

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I love my children very much but a child free 2 weeks would be a holiday in itself... Mum has had them for a couple of weekends so far and that has been a much needed break...

Loving that quilt... all you need now is a baby to snuggle under it..

;D

Looks like you have some fantastic trips out planned... have loads of fun

x Alex

Anita said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks a lot for your nice words on my first crochet roses that you left on my blog yesterday evening. I am very pleased about all the appreciative feedback!
To answer your question about the yarn: I just this brand: http://www.wollparadies.com/products/de/ONline-Wolle-Linie-Sommergarne/Online-Linie-107-Supersoft.html
It's supersoft indeed and made of 60 % cotton and 40 % Polyacryl-HB-Acrylic.

Best wishes from rainy Germany
Anita

Libbie said...

I would be the same way...missing my kids while they were gone & then they would come home & drive me nuts! Happens every Saturday! :) Actually they are all gone now as I am going out with the girls tonight :) & I think for the first timne ever I am actually not missing them :) But I will love when they get home! Kelly has them away at his parent's farm for the night.

Your visitor does look jsut as sweet as can be! You are going to be one tired girl! :) take Care!

Kelly said...

You must be very excited to get your boy back!!!

I just love the quilt!! Gorgeous!!!

Jacey said...

I have an award for you over on my blog
jacey x